ROCK HILL, South Carolina - April 23, 2012 – 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) announced today the immediate availability of its new ZPrinter® 850, the largest format ZPrinter® with higher print volume, greater productivity and vibrant full color that empowers designers, engineers, and architects to create more and larger parts faster.
With double the print volume of the its best selling ZPrinter® 650, and the same premium color printability, the ZPrinter® 850 is the only high speed, large format printer for professionals that need to create more at every stage of the design and development process.
“This is just what we’ve been looking for,” said Wesley Wright, Designer at the Pelli Clarke Pelli international architecture firm. “The larger print format provides the flexibility to work in standard scales, see greater detail and increase our overall capacity. The ZPrinter® 850 will be great for business.”
“We’re ZPrinting footwear designs nonstop, and the additional capacity will help us better meet the demand of our R&D teams,” said Dave Schwirian, Model Shop/RP Manager for Nike. “The ZPrinter® 850 could also open up new uses for sporting equipment where we really need larger, colorful prototypes. I’m certain we’ll see a huge demand for this new in-house capability.”
The ZPrinter® 850 offers:
- High speed: ZPrinters are the world’s fastest 3D printers – 5 to 10 times faster than other systems, enabling parts production in hours, not days.
- Ease of use: The ZPrinter® 850 provides fully automated set-up and monitoring, no-touch powder and binder loading, and automatic powder recycling.
- Affordability: ZPrinters offer economical per-part cost, higher productivity and lower waste than other 3D printers.
- High resolution: 600 x 540 dpi produces parts with fine detail and accuracy.
- Top-of-the-line color: ZPrinters are the only 3D printers capable of printing simultaneously in full, vibrant color. The ZPrinter® 850 includes five print heads – clear, cyan, magenta, yellow and black – that deliver the highest quality and consistency in 390,000 unique colors plus hundreds of thousands of possible color combinations.
“Our customers have been asking for more and bigger full color parts and the ZPrinter® 850 delivers,” said Buddy Byrum, Vice President of Channel Development and Product Management for 3D Systems. “This new large-format professional printer magnifies our speed, color and affordability advantage, making it most valuable for our customers throughout their entire ideation to production process.”
About 3D Systems Corporation
3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D content-to-print solutions including 3D printers, print materials and on-demand custom parts services for professionals and consumers alike. The company also provides creative content development, design productivity tools and curation services and downloads. Its expertly integrated solutions replace, displace and complement traditional methods and reduce the time and cost of designing new products by printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to rapidly design, communicate, prototype and produce functional parts, empowering its customers to create with confidence.
More information on the company is available at www.3DSystems.com.
To experience our entire range of 3D content-to-print products and services please visit www.printin3D.com, www.production3dprinters.com, www.3Dproparts.com, www.zcorp.com, www.toptobottomdental.com, www.quickparts.com, www.alibre.com, www.bitsfrombytes.com, www.botmill.com, www.cubify.com, www.myrobotnation.com, www.The3dStudio.com, www.freedomofcreation.com, www.sycode.com, www.paramountind.com, blog.3dsystems.com, or via email at [email protected].